Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Collars?!?

I will never look at them the same way again. How incredibly complicated! I never knew. I'm glad I'm taking this class, otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'd get frustrated and give up. I realize that one of the things that really stumps me in sewing is when two pieces of fabric do not match up. I always assume that it's my fault, that I cut the pieces out incorrectly... I never assume that there's some tricky easing thing going on.

With the collar, there's lots of clipping of the fabric to ease the collar onto the neckline. Who woulda thunk? Not me, that's for sure.











On a different note, sewing offers motivation to stick to one's diet. I started this blouse in September, and was unable to finish. It got put away. Now it's May and after the long hard winter, through which I obviously coddled myself with carbs, I am heavier than I once was. But there's no way that I'm going to work on this shirt and not wear it. Uh-uh.

Besides, I rode my bike this weekend. Bike riding, watching my shirt take shape, and the warm weather should do wonders for my figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment