Friday, December 24, 2010

Deep Thoughts: Relationships...

So I couldn´t resist the SNL reference, what with my inspirational quotes poster-like pics.
But I am thinking about relationships lately.
Look at this cute couple!

Can you believe that they´ve been together for 42 years!  I´m thinking about them, because they are such opposites, and because I´m somehow like both of them.

Mom is ultra-dynamic.  She´s always in motion.  She´s vibrant and fun and very very cheerful.  Sometimes too cheerful.  She´s also very bossy. 



Then there´s the daughter version...dynamic?  Sometimes.  In motion?  Sometimes.  Vibrant?  Fun? Cheerful?  I have my moments.  Bossy?  I´m a teacher for God´s sake.  Yes.

Dad is reserved. Often curmudgeonly.  Quite the storyteller.  Could care less what other people think of him.  Is prone to surprising displays of humor.
Daughter version:  Reserved? Sometimes.  Curmudgeonly.  Definitely.  Try to talk to me on a Monday morning.  Storyteller?  I´d like to think so. Could care less what other people think?  I have my moments.

So, I´m uncertain what makes things work between these two.  Magic fairy dust, perhaps?

As for this daughter riding off into the sunset with Prince Charming...who knows.  But here´s a pretty Nicaraguan sunset nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment