Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days

I am thoroughly enjoying the snow days.  I am experiencing an unabashed joy at not having to go to work. CCC, CPS, and NEIU all closed for the past two days.  All the initials I am affiliated with, closed.  The CTA is working though and I hear that LSD is cleared.  Other abbreviations.

I spent about two and a half hours shoveling the alley even though I do not have a car.  But now, there is a path out of the parking lot and out of the alley and onto the street.  So, that's an accomplishment.

Ok, after all the back to back travelling I did in November and December, I am thoroughly content to be snowed in.  And I'm not even being that productive, and I feel absolutely no guilt about it.

I did walk to the lake.  It is fun to see how things are transformed.  The painted benches by the lakefront in my header pic are almost entirely covered in snow.













But it's so beautiful out.  The sun was shining today and the sky was blue.  The sun was glaring off the white snow.  Mother Nature tarting it up.  Not so subtle there.




In case you were thinking of jumping in.  Don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment