Thursday, August 11, 2011

Burda dress completed!

Ok, we left off long ago...
But the dress is done.
On the last day of the class...I stitched the bodice to the skirt (both the lining and the dress).  Then...the invisible zipper!!! Duh, duh, duuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh.

In all honesty, the instructor put in the zipper.  This was, on the one hand, good, because I wanted to finish the dress and wear it.  On the other hand, I don't think I know how to do it myself.  We'll see.

I'm fairly confident that I can do the whole rest of the dress by myself (except for the invisible zipper).

Anyway, the dress was not done when I left that final class, but what was left was all within my scope.

Done on my own:

1.  stitch lining to zipper tapes

2.  hem the lining  (Which I did during breaks from Shochugeiko.  Imagine me, sitting in sweaty gi pants on the couch in the dojo, hemming the skirt of the dress.)
3.  hem the skirt
4.  viola dress is done


I love it.  I love it.  I love it.  I love it.

Did I happen to mention that I love the dress?  Really really love it?


My summer has not been wasted.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like it when more of your many super powers are revealed. (Polly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you said, your summer vacation was used wisely. Your dress is completed and makes you feel content with what you have accomplished. Felicidades Pulguita Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh heh. Yes. I do feel like I have super powers. I must go fight crime now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, germania! i love love love it too! you look great, so exciting to know how to make your own dress! congrats. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too fly. for real. too fly. fashionista with needle fingers. you are the amazing. all day and all night. when the apocalypse comes you will be designing revolutionwear.

    ReplyDelete